Re: Roaming Ethernet/Wireless Configureation Options

Op wo, 25-01-2006 te 15:25 -0600, schreef Doug Miller:
> Albeit you are correct, the way these are set up, they are identical.
> However, very soon they wont be. :)

OK, no problem. But if you can move stuff to the wpasupplicant config
file, that's probably a better solution. The Debian specific interfaces
extensions (such as the mappings) do not always play nice with other
utilities.

> On another note, the "-w" option on wpasupplicant doesn't seem to do
> anything.  I've read the documentation and tried with it and without
> it.  Maybe I have a broken driver?  Either way, the "-w" option only
> seems to work on certain drivers (there are a few patches for broken
> drivers), but ipw2100 and ipw2200 are not one of them as far as I can
> tell.

Strange; I have an ipw2200 as well, but if I start wpasupplicant without
the '-w', I get lots of errors saying 'ioctl[SIOCsomething]: No such
device'. With the '-w', it just disappears in the background, like it's
supposed to.

Koen