Roaming Ethernet/Wireless Configureation Options

Hello everyone!

I'm writing today to see what sort of ways people have solved the changing enviroments aspect of mobile computing.  This is pretty vague, so I'll explain my situation and go from there.

I've got a new laptop (under 3 months old) that I've got Debian Etch installed on (up to date too, of course).  I use my laptop at home, school, work, and occasionally at friends houses.  It is a royal pain to change the network (either ethernet, wireless 802.11x, or both) configureations everytime I change my surroundings.

I would like a nice solution for this.  I've googled considerably and about the only thing I've come up with is a combination of ifplugd, wpasuppliment, and /etc/network/interfaces interoperability.  I've tried this but have failed to get the bugs worked out of it completely.  Worst of all, documentation seems to be scarce.

What I'm asking for today is any suggestions that you may have to solve my problems.  I want seemless (or as little as possible) network hopping from place to place, configuration via startup scripts (i.e. not relying on kinternet or similar upon kde login), and both wired and wireless support of autoconfiguration.

This may be a lot to ask, but I would appreciate any suggestions for a setup.  Also, if you have tips for the way I am currently going about it I would be exstatic to entertain these suggestions also.

Thank you,

Doug Miller