Re: xfree86-driver-synaptics

Thanks, I got ksynaptics running via KDE's control center. Here I enabled "circular scrolling".

It's a bit confusing; I'd have never expected to disable "gestures" by enabling "circular scrolling".

> tubaman@thinkpad:~$ synclient -l
> Parameter settings:
>     LeftEdge             = 1900
>     RightEdge            = 5400
>     TopEdge              = 1900

That doesn't work for my installation. I get this error message (same for user and root):

jw@johannes2:~$ synclient -l
Can't access shared memory area. SHMConfig disabled?

I couldn't find a configuration setting to enalble SHMConfig. The synclient programm appears to be part of xfree86-driver-synaptics.

dpkg-reconfigure -plow xfree86-driver-synaptics also doesn't show any options.

Anycase, now it seems to be working.

Johannes