Re: Problem upgrading my kernel to 2.4

When upgrading kernels it's a good idea to copy off the lsmod to a
text file for just such driver problems.

If you use "ifconfig -a" it will list all the known network devices,
even if they're not configured in /etc/network/interfaces

This is good, because sometimes the upgrades can change the interface
numbers, the hardware you used to know as eth1 is now eth3, that sort
of thing.

As for not booting, hmmm. You could uninstall the 2.4 kernel, then
reinstall in order to get a fresh set of configuration files, or
dpkg-reconfigure kernel-2.4.x.whatever when running on 2.2 to see if
that helps.

At least your machine still boots 2.2, which makes fixing other things
much easier. I'm running 2.6.10 right now myself, but I still have
2.2.19 from the Woody net-install, "just in case".

Curt-

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 12:06, Tom Connolly was heard to say:

--
September 11th, 2001
planning advocates in American history