Re: whole lot of ACPI problems with self compiled kernel

Am Sonntag, 23. Januar 2005 22:53 schrieb Lukas Ruf:

> > > Initially, I have had similar problems.  They went away when I
> > > edited /etc/sound/
>
> /etc/hibernate
> /etc/mkinitrd/scripts
>
> were thos I meant .... sorry, seems I had sound in my brain
> flying'roundd ....

Hello Lukas,

yes, I found /etc/hibernate. But /etc/mkinitrd/scripts is an empty
directory here. What should I add there?

> > Ah, I got another hint, that it might work this way and the original
> > software suspend implementation which made it into the 2.6 kernel
> > uses "swap:/dev/hda5" instead. But this would oppose the
> > documentation I found. Well I try it nevertheless as documentation
> > might be wrong.
>
> has it helped?

I am currently compiling a 2.6.10 kernel with latest ACPI patches and
software suspend 2 patches and I will try it with that one after it is
ready (probably tomorrow).

Regards,