whole lot of ACPI problems with self compiled kernel

Hello,

I now compiled an own kernel. I used unmodified kernel.org sources for
2.6.10 together with the config file from the Debian 2.6.10 kernel. I
just added SOFTWARE_SUSPEND=y to also get suspend-to-disk.

I made it as a initrd kernel just like the debian packaged kernel. I added
"xfs" to /etc/mkinitrd/modules so that it will mount my mount filesystem.
I also made the initrd and re-run update-grub.

So well I can boot the thing, but

1) ALSA sound still does not work after suspend

2) suspend-to-disk doesn't work at all. I get

"swsusp: FATAL: cannot find swap device, try swapon -a"

I added "resume=/dev/hda7" to kopt in GRUBs menu.list and re-run
update-modules. I checked that the swap partition is active as well.
"free" showed swap memory. I even did "swapoff /dev/hda7",
"mkswap /dev/hda7" (which created a new style V1 swap partition) and
"swapon /dev/hda7" but this didnt help.

One option will be to add /dev/hda7 to the kernel configuration. I thought
a resume= parameter would be enough, but maybe it doesn't work in my
case.

3) my AVM PCMCIA Fritzcard ISDN doesn't seem to work after suspend
anymore. I cannot go online after suspending. Even when I do
"/etc/init.d/pcmcia stop" and "/etc/init.d/pcmcia start" it won't work
but that doesn't surprise me a lot, since I never was able to unload the
ISDN driver modules once they were loaded. I am currently using
isdn4linux emulation layer since Knoppix Red Hat ISDN config works with
it properly. Anyone experience whether the CAPI driver stuff works with
suspend?

4) During suspend-to-ram time goes considerably too fast. This was
reported for the Debian kernel, but it seems to be true for the generic
kernel as well.

Next thing will be trying with software suspend 2 patches. A guy from this
mailing list told me that this solved his ALSA not working after suspend
issues on a Dell laptop.

Maybe it also has to do with the default Debian kernel configuration or
initrd. Well I don't need initrd so if it causes problems I go without
it.

I hope some day this will work as described on the ACPI homepage:
transparently (without a need for end user support).

Regards