Re: D-Link DWL-G650+ Cardbus Adapter support for Linux

I have a DWL-G650 and it works great with the madwifi driver.  However
you do need to make sure it's an Atheros chipset.  When I bought mine
the box said "Atheros" on it.  I think it's hardware rev B4, but I
don't have the card in front of me right now.

There is a more "debian" way to build the madwifi modules; see this
page for details:

http://www.marlow.dk/site.php/tech/madwifi

There are pretty complete instructions there.  I can verify that this
worked for me with the stock Debian 2.6.10-1-686 kernel (i.e., I
didn't have to compile my own kernel).  I've also done it in the past
with 2.6.8-1-686.

I've had great results, including using wpa_supplicant for WPA
security.  However I should point out that WPA worked poorly with a
NetGear FWG114P, however it's working fine with a Linksys WAP-54G.

-Steve

--
Steven C. Ihde <sihde@cs.stanford.edu>
PGP Key ID: 0x7793756D