Re: ALSA sound not working after suspend

> Hello,
>
> as I told suspend now works with IBM ThinkPad T23 and R51 when using
> Debian kernel 2.6.10.
>
> But I still have one problem: ALSA sound does not work anymore after a
> suspend through ARTS.
>
> On the ThinkPad R51 it is enough to restart the ARTS soundsystem via the
> KDE control panel.  On the ThinkPad T23 I have to reboot to get ALSA
> working.
>
> Well so next step will be to compile my own kernel out of kernel.org
> sources and try it with that.

I had the same problem with a Dell X300.  I was able to get sound working
after suspend by using kernel.org 2.6.10 sources, and patching them with
the software suspend 2 stuff.  Now I can suspend to disk, and when I
resume sound works.  The only thing that doesn't work (yet -- I'm still
playing with the config options) is DRM.  After coming back from suspend,
the GL screensavers no longer animate, and glxgears just sits, without
spinning.