Re: ALSA sound not working after suspend

Am Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2005 17:05 schrieb Jeremy Brooks:

> I had the same problem with a Dell X300.  I was able to get sound
> working after suspend by using kernel.org 2.6.10 sources, and patching
> them with the software suspend 2 stuff.  Now I can suspend to disk, and
> when I resume sound works.  The only thing that doesn't work (yet --
> I'm still playing with the config options) is DRM.  After coming back
> from suspend, the GL screensavers no longer animate, and glxgears just
> sits, without spinning.

Hello Jeremy,

I am currently reading software suspend 2 HOWTO... did you try the option:

"UseDummyXServer

This option may also help if you experience strange things such as 3D not
working upon resume. It launches a fake xserver that should cause proper
initialization of the chipset."

to get 3D working?

http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/HOWTO-4.html#ss4.1

Regards,