how to ask for hardware specs to a vendor

Hi,
I own ad asus 716 pda and have been following the linux porting effort
for a while. The project is useless so fare since the touchscreen
driver is missing so me and some aother in the project would like to
lobby asus for the specs, but how?
Do you have some sample letter we could modify? Who should we write?
Did any similar effort succesed in the post? How?
Hope ypu can help me,

Michele

--
"I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else"
Please consider signing the petitions to get MTV release all Daria