Re: ACPI problem: console and X black after resume on supsend-to-ram

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 02:32 +0100, Martin Theiss wrote:
[...]
> > Is there any chance to get my notebook to work after an suspend-to-ram
> > with a working screen? It stays blank after resuming not depending on
> > framebuffer (vesafb) or the X-server (I deactivated both to test it).
>
> Same problem here, suspend-to-RAM isn't implemented in the best way. I guess
> your video card isn't initialized. You could try to start a dummy xserver
> after the resume, which in some cases can softboot the graphic card. If it
> doesn't work I don't know any other solution for suspend-to-RAM to work.

I use vbetool to initialize the graphics card after resume. Although I
do not have a thinkpad you might check it out - it is supposed to work
with a wide range of video cards (vesa compliant).

cheers,
Hp.
--
Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology

Spamtraps: hkunz.bogus@ailab.ch hkunz.bogus@ifi.unizh.ch
---
He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet.