Re: Battery granularity problem

> I always (try to) fully charge the battery, and I could use 25% extra
> battery time... But I'm a bit confused as to how this all works, because
> the battery monitors all do show 100% fully charged (also in Windows).

It compares the last full capacity and the remaining capacity (shown by
'cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state' ). So in this exemple, my battery's fully
charged :

detlev@debian ~ $ cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state
present:                 yes
capacity state:          ok
charging state:          charged
present rate:            0 mA
remaining capacity:      3456 mAh
present voltage:         16576 mV
detlev@debian ~ $ cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/info
present:                 yes
design capacity:         4000 mAh
last full capacity:      3456 mAh
battery technology:      rechargeable
design voltage:          14800 mV
design capacity warning: 420 mAh
design capacity low:     156 mAh
capacity granularity 1:  264 mAh
capacity granularity 2:  3780 mAh
model number:            GC86508SAT0
serial number:
battery type:            Li-Ion
OEM info:                SANYO

I've no other informations about it. Do you know a website about the battery
state and Linux ? Maybe on http://acpi.sourceforge.net/ ...

Detlev.