Re: GRUB restore

I encountered the same problem too. Here is the link on how to do it:
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#Installing-GRUB-using-grub_002dinstall
But first you have to get access into your filesystem system. To do that,
I created a grub bootable cd:
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#Making-a-GRUB-bootable-CD_002dROM
The CD allowed me to boot to my debian interactively (http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#GNU_002fLinux).

So once i boot into my debian i used grub-install to get my GRUB bootloader installed into the MBR.
The bootable CD will also allow you to boot many other OSes interactively besides win and debian if you have then. It will come in handy.

You can read about GRUB and bootloaders: http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html
Its really helpful.