Re: GRUB restore

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 03:07:31PM +0100, Samuel D?az Garc?a wrote:
} I have a dual XP PRO + DEBIAN 3.1 on my laptop.
} I had some days ago to reinstall XP PRO with the lost of my grub config
} and my debian partition is there, I have not lost it.
}
} I have mi "personalized kernel", X, apps, etc.... inside my debian
} partition.
}
} Can anybody say me how can I restore the "grub bootup" to allow me to
} start XPPRO and DEBIAN 3.1 again?
}
} Any link/HOWTO?
}

At the risk of sounding too terse, try "man grub-install". I recently
went through this as well. Boot off a rescue CD of your choice, mount
the root filesystem and chroot to that mount. From there, you can
restore the MBR to the proper device.

dafr

--

D. Frye