Re: Compaq Presario 1255 sound and touchpad under Debian?

Hi,

On Son, 04 Dez 2005, high_desert wrote:

high_desert please use your Realname.

> Can anybody help me get sound and the touchpad work under Debian on a Compaq
> Presario 1255?
> Firefox seems to handle flash better than Modzilla does - can I apt-get
> remove "Modzilla Web Browser" and "Modzilla Composer" now?

sure you can.

> I installed all the alsa stuff I could find to no avail. Part of the problem
> is I am not sure what the sound hardware is. The Compaq site,
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=95000&lang=
> en&cc=us&docname=c00255595, lists "JBL Pro Audio System" and "Aureal A3D
> Interactive 360 degree Positional Sound."

please post the output of
lspci

and
lsmod

and
cat /proc/asound/devices

> I know the answers are probably right at my fingertips, but I'm sort of a
> newbie with some of this,
make sure you have installed hotplug or udev (it depends what distribution
you want to use testing/stable/unstable)

--
Florian Reitmeir