Re: [Wireless] network disconnections

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 17:07 +0100, Detlev Casanova wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I Have a problem with 2 Computers accessing the internet through a wireless
> home network. They are often disconnected from the router. (+/-3 times in 10
> minutes !) They are very closer (< 1 m yes i use metric units ;-) ). Should
> it be the problem ?

No.  The proximity of the wireless devices should not cause either of
them to fall off the network.

In fact the wireless protocol works better if all devices on the network
can 'see' all other devices, so you would more likely have problems with
a device at extreme range to one side of the AP and another device at
extreme range in the other direction.

> Cards work both with NdisWrapper.

ndiswrapper is a hack, but it should still work better than this!

Regards,
					Andrew McMillan.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
                 http://survey.net.nz/ - any questions?