Intel ipw2200 firmware strangeness

I just bought a new laptop and I'm running Ubuntu 5.10 on it with the latest kernel The laptop is a MSI megabook s260 with the centrino plattform and a Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG (rev 05) wlan card. My computer detects the card just fine, but it loads the wrong firmware. I get this when i boot the computer up:

/ipw2200: ipw-2.2-boot.fw load failed: Reason -2
ipw2200: Unable to load firmware: 0xFFFFFFFE
So, I thought that it would work fine if I just installed a new firmware (ipw-2.3) and placed it in /lib/hotplug/firmware/ but the 2.3-firmware obiously doesn't load.

So my question is; where should i put the firmware so that hotplug can load it properly?

Thanks in advance.