RE: Re: Automatic removing of unneeded .deb files?

am I misunderstanding the option specified here, copied from apt-get
manpage:

autoclean
              Like  clean, autoclean clears out the local repository of
retrieved package files. The difference is that it only removes package
files that can no longer be downloaded, and are largely useless. This
allows a cache to be maintained over a long period without it growing
out of control. The configuration option APT::Clean-Installed will
prevent installed packages from being erased if it is set to off.

Will this configuration option not do what you want? OR, will it keep
everything, installed included? If it won't work, it would be a whole
lot less effort to get a bigger hard drive ;)

-C