Re: sound problem on debian etch - 2.6.14 - SOLVED

Wow! That worked like a charm! Muting the external amplifier did the job. I would have never figured that out. Thanks.

Lukas Holcik

On 11/14/05, Alexandre Rossi <alexandre.rossi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm replying off-list because I think I already said that on the list...

> Everything seems to be alright:
> alsaconf detects my soundcard:
> intel8x0 Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97
>
> loads the modules...
> I can setup the volumes in alsamixer

With the same setup, I had to mute the external amplifier in alsamixer
to hear sound. To do that, run alsamixer and press 'M' on the external
amplifier.

Not very sure about that, but I had the same symptoms so...

Cheers,