Re: Using WPA without wpa_supplicant?

Le 13077ième jour après Epoch,
François TOURDE écrivait:

> Sorry, i'll try to be more verbose.
>
> As I can remember (I've apt-get remove'd wpa_supplicant),
> wpa_supplicant changes the iwconfig of my card, and try to detect
> which AP is present.
>
> On some case, it down/up the link, then ifplugd report a link beat
> lost/detected, and launch whereami again, so I loose connection.
>
> I'll reinstall wpa_supplicant to make more tests and come back here
> with more details :)

I've reinstalled wpa_supplicant, but I'm not able to give more infos.

What's appening:

1) I reinstall and relaunch wpa_supplicant, with ap_scan=0, and only
   one network={} entry

2) I'm on a non wpa wifi ap

3) I lost the link (don't know why)

4) I recover the link (don't know why...)

5) whereami re-setup the SSID during a 'testap' function

6) dhclient is unable to obtain an IP

7) looking on iwconfig, I see:

mersenne:~# iwconfig eth1
eth1      unassociated  ESSID:"Tourde-WAP54G"
          Mode:Managed  Channel=0  Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00

If I stop wpa_supplicant, the link comes up again, and all is working
good...

I don't know how to diagnose the problem.

Any help for using whereami and wpa_supplicant is welcome.