Re: Using WPA without wpa_supplicant?

I don't believe you have to use anything besides what wireless-tools provides
for every card.
I am using WPA with my ralink based card with the following entry
in /etc/network/interfaces:

iface eth1 inet dhcp
        pre-up ifconfig eth1 up
        pre-up iwpriv eth1 set AuthMode=WPAPSK
        pre-up iwpriv eth1 set EncrypType=TKIP
        pre-up iwconfig eth1 essid "youressid"
        pre-up iwpriv eth1 set WPAPSK="yourkey"

I don't even have wpa_supplicant installed.
If you need any additional info, just ask.