Re: ipw2200 installation

Okay, all done!

Trying to compile IPW2200 v1.06 against the ieee80211 deb produced a
bunch of compile errors, so I unloaded that and went straight to the
source: http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/ and downloaded the latest.

The make of ieee80211 asked to remove
<kernel source>/include/net/ieee80211.h
so I saved it and let it remove it. It didn't create a replacement, so I
put the old one back afterwards, in case I want to recompile my kernel!

I'd already copied the v2.3 firmware to /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware, so I
attempted to make ipw2200 v1.06 again, and this time it worked. Ditto
the make install.

After
modprobe ieee80211
and
modprobe ipw2200
I used gnome's networking tool to bring up the card, which was pinging
the router by this time.

Time to move to a quieter room and enjoy my freedom again :-)

--
Best,
Marc