Re: Can't boot 2.6.?? kernels - Acer TravelMate 4651LMi

On Monday 03 October 2005 22:06, marc wrote:
> Yup, as I suspected, it's not being recognised. I guess this fall into
> the other thread about the missing CD drive, which requires a kernel
> build.

you probably need to load the drivers needed for the CD drive before the
SATA drivers. This is a known issue for some controllers.

This may be somewhat hard to do if you use an initrd. If not, just put the
drivers for the CD drive in /etc/modules.