Re: CDROM problem!

Arlindo Sierra Neto said...

> I followed this steps
>
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-270763.html
>
> My cdrom worked fine.
> The problem is that I have to install debian with kernel 2.4 and then compile an 2.6 kernel with the modification in libata.h
>
> It workerd for me.

Excellent. Could you tell me which kernel you compiled, please. I'm just
downloading 2.6.12-1 to compile, since that is the latest in
testing/etch and hence has a condig file available.

Would it be possible to 'borrow' your config file, please? (Plse email
if it's okay.)

This is my first kernel compile, so I just wanted to check that I'm
starting with the right source. Thanks.

--
Best,
Marc