Re: Quick Newbie Question: Archictecture Type for Centrino?

There's quite a bit of libc packages. One of them is libc6-i686 which is
an optimized version. It is suited for your cpu.

Regards,

Arjen

sphere@barton:~$ apt-cache search libc6
altgcc - Alternate gcc package for the libc5 environment.
apt - Advanced front-end for dpkg
apt-utils - APT utility programs
debian-policy - Debian Policy Manual and related documents
ldso - The Linux dynamic linker and library for libc4 and libc5.
libapt-rpm-pkg-libc6.3-6-0 - APT for RPM library
libc5 - The Linux C library version 5 (run-time libraries).
libc5-altdbg - The Linux C library version 5 (alternative debug files).
libc5-altdev - The Linux C library version 5 (alternative dev files).
libc6 - GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone data
libc6-dbg - GNU C Library: Libraries with debugging symbols
libc6-dev - GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files
libc6-i686 - GNU C Library: Shared libraries [i686 optimized]
libc6-pic - GNU C Library: PIC archive library
libc6-prof - GNU C Library: Profiling Libraries
libcompfaceg1 - Compress/decompress images for mailheaders, libc6 runtime
libcompfaceg1-dev - Compress/decompress images for mailheaders, libc6 devel
libdl1-altdev - The Linux dynamic linker library (libc5 altdev files).
libg++27-altdev - The GNU C++ libraries (libc5 version)
libregex0 - GNU regular expression library, run time libraries. [libc5]
libtext-iconv-perl - converts between character sets in Perl
manpages-ja-dev - Japanese version of the manual pages (for developers)
manpages-pt-dev - Portuguese Versions of the Manual Pages
termcap-compat - Compatibility package for old termcap-based programs.
xviewg - XView shared libraries [libc6]
xviewg-dev - XView development tools [libc6]