Quick Newbie Question: Archictecture Type for Centrino?

Folks,

I have a very simple newbie question, which I couldn't seem to find an answer to after googling.

Which architecture type should one choose for installing a 2.6.x kernel with a Centrino laptop?

My exact processor type is "Intel Pentium M Processor (Banias & Dothan)" on a Samsung M40. I'm guessing either i386 or i686, but am unsure of which are supported and the advantages of each.

Could anyone enlighten me please?

Regards,

James.