Re: Suspend-to-ram kills touchpad

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:30 am, you wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 00:06 +1000, John O'Hagan wrote:
>[...]
> > What I'm working on is S3 (suspend to RAM), where the machine saves its
> > state to RAM and goes into a low power state, just enough to maintain the
> > image (and blink an LED!). The advantage of this is speed; just a few
> > seconds rather than 30 or so for an S4 resume.
>
> Do you use the hibernate script for S3 as well? Maybe you need to unload
> some modules. I have S3 working with the script, and I have
> 'UnloadBlacklistedModules yes' in the config file.

Yes, I'm using the hibernate script for S3 (confusing name!) because it
incorporates vbetool, which gives me a working screen on resume. I have tried
various combinations of module unloading/reloading, including blacklisting
pcspkr and joydev, and removing psmouse from the blacklist; but the result
has either been worse (e.g. no keyboard) or the same.

There are still a few permutations I haven't tried (a reboot is required after
each failure so it's a bit boring), and I intend to try writing a udev rule
to fix it, too.

Koen, I wouldn't mind a look at your lsmod output.

Another thing, the fan is always stuck on after a resume as well, any clues
how to turn it off? (The ACPI fan module is loaded at boot).

Thanks,

John

P.S. Please CC me