Re: synaptic issues, and few other ?s

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:24:54 -0400
Pierre used the keyboard to craft this:

  >|On Tuesday 13 September 2005 23:06, laptop@getaddicted.net wrote:
  >|> Heres my XConfig, any other parts needed just ask-
  >|>
  >|> Section "inputdevice"
  >|>       Identifier        "Configured Mouse"
  >|>       Driver            "Mouse"
  >|>       Option            "CorePointer"
  >|>       Option            "Device"     "/dev/input/event0"
  >|>       Option            "protocol"   "ImPS/2"
  >|> Endsection
  >|
  >|Mine is:
  >|Section "InputDevice"
  >|        Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
  >|        Driver          "synaptics"
  >|        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
  >|        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
  >|        Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
  >|        Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "0"
  >|        Option          "SHMConfig"             "true"
  >|EndSection
  >|The only problem I'm having is that when I'm dragging, and my finger
hits the
  >|top or bottom of the pad, the cursor zooms to the edge of the
screen. I'd
  >|like it to drift slowly. Is there a way to change this?
  >|
  >|phma

I have changed mine a little but this should work?

I have an Acer 1355Lc lappy and had a problem. the touchpad would work,
but not the tap in the 2.6.xx kernel, so just installed with the 2.4.xx
where it worked right from the start.

But I was told on the Debian user list that it works with the 2.6.xx
just as well. To do so add the following to your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
file:-

In the section:-

Section "Module"
        Load    "synaptics"

Create the section:-

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option          "AlwaysCore"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "VertScrollDelta"       "100"
        Option          "AccelFactor"           "0.0010"
        Option          "RightEdge"             "5400"
        Option          "MaxTapTime"            "180"
        Option          "TopEdge"               "1900"
        Option          "SHMConfig"             "on"
        Option          "FingerLow"             "25"
        Option          "LeftEdge"              "1900"
        Option          "MaxTapMove"            "220"
        Option          "MinSpeed"              "0.02"
        Option          "FingerHigh"            "30"
        Option          "MaxSpeed"              "0.18"
        Option          "BottomEdge"            "4000"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
EndSection

In the section:-

Section "ServerLayout"
        InputDevice     "Touchpad"

Hope that helps, it got it working for me.

Charlie
--
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when called upon to