Re: prism54, 2.6.8, WG511

Also sprach <chrisb@kippona.net> (Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:12:46 -0400
(EDT)):
> On 12 Aug 2005, Richard Mittendorfer <delist@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Also sprach Chris Beggy <chrisb@kippona.net> (Fri, 12 Aug 2005
> > 14:21:15 -0400 (EDT)):

[pci/acpi-issue]

> > linux acpi=off
>
> Thanks for responding.

np

> The bios seems to be toshiba, with some sort of acpi.

do you have some options in there that look useful regarding
irq-settings/cardbus?

try to get acpi working. if it's possible, but a toshiba bios is a good
sign. i bet acpi will get you around your irq problem (if non of the two
commandline options mentioned in your dmesg output fix it).

http://acpi.sourceforge.net

> Debian Linux acpi does not run on this lappi, and the
> toshiba_acpi module will not even load.

if acpi just doesn't show up in your dmesg you can still try
"acpi=force". if it's a precompiled kernel there might be a safety
option turned on, preventing the use of acpi on older hardware.

a quick search on google "toshiba 2100 acpi linux" won't be bad ;)
instantly found some sites talking 'bout acpi on the toshi 2100. i'm
quite sure you'll find useful info there. also take a look at
http://www.linux-laptop.net and http://tuxmobil.org

> > btw. I have a WG511t and it's equiped with an atheros (madwifi)
> > chip.
>
> Interesting.  The prism54 seems to load for me, so I think it is
> not an atheros.

oh, don't worry. they sometimes don't even change modelnumbers if they
use another chipset.

a "lspci (-v)" will tell.

> Chris

sl ritch