Re: Which wireless card for monitor-mode support in the *stock* kernel?

Joe Emenaker wrote:
Flo wrote:

I can confirm that it works with this card, but it's not exactly
"out-of-the-box" because you'll have to download the firmware and
compile the module in the kernel ;-)
Well, I received a $20 RaLink-2500 card that I got on eBay today. I put it in a machine, booted a recent Knoppix disc and tried:

 iwconfig ra0 mode monitor
 vi /etc/kismet/kismet.conf
 kismet

and it worked like a charm! All stock drivers, everything just worked.

- Joe

Could you post the output of lsmod - which driver is the Ralink card using?

Nate