Re: Thin high-pitched noise on Inspiron 510m with the ACPI "processor" module

Doofus wrote:

Jean-Baka Domelevo wrote:

Hello all!
I wanted to share a bit of my experiment with you : I am running a
Dell Inspiorn 510m laptop under a Debian Sarge (kernel 2.6.8).

JB,

Not sure what kernel you're running but take a look at this, which looks like it may be your problem:

   http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Gentoo_on_Dell_Inspiron_8200

kernel 2.6.8 - I'll read more carefully next time.
The article says kernels => 2.6.13 have a facility to tweak the kernel timer frequency which should solve your problem