Re: Newfish installing debian on Gatweay 4530GZ

On 7/18/05, Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> wrote:

> One word of caution:  running Linux on a laptop is a bit harder than
> running it on a desktop, because things like suspend to ram or disk are
> less than easy to get working.

That's what everyone seems to say. The only reason I'm using my laptop
is because it's just handing around running windows XP. I'd like to
get my feet wet without committing to Linux on my workstation.

I guess the next thing to do is check all my hardware and figure out
how to support them under Debian.

Thanks Daniel.