Newfish installing debian on Gatweay 4530GZ

I'm totally new to Linux and Debian and I would like to find out what
all the excitement is about. I would like to install Debian on my
gateway laptop but I need some help. My first question is:

What installation manual do I need to download? I think its the one
for i386 but I'm not sure. My notebook is running an Intel M 725 and I
don't know what Architecture that falls under.

Is there a guide that will help even the greenest user through an install?

Thanks!

Ryan