Re: Problems booting Debian 3.1 on Acer 4100

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 09:33:59AM -0400, MJD wrote:
>    I had the same problem on my laptop.  What you have to do is reboot off
>    the net install cd, then let it detect your hard drive.  Then you need to
>    mount your system just like it normally is under /mnt.  Then do "chroot
>    /mnt" without the quotes.  Then run aptitude and remove hotplug and
>    discover, and any libraries not needed (press SHIFT-M on the libs section
>    of the installed part.)  and that should let you boot.  Note, do not
>    install these tools back, they never seem to work on laptops running
>    debian.

Hotplug works without any problems on my Thinkpad X20 and Latitude C640.
Please do not spread mis-information. If there is a failure connected to
hotplug, it would be more probably connected to a module being loaded, by
hotplug and that specific module doing something wrong.

j.

"We did a risk management review.  We concluded that there was no risk of any
management." -- Dilbert
:wq