Re: Problems booting Debian 3.1 on Acer 4100

Am 15.07.2005 um 12:35 schrieb Ram Kumar DANGETI:

>      Iam having a Acer Extensa 4102WLMi laptop(Intel Pentium-M 740
> 1.73GHz FSB533 2MB L2 Cache, Intel 915PM Express Chipset, 15.4" WXGA
> CrystalBrite TFT, Resulution: 1280x800, ATI Mobility Radeon X700 128MB
> ............). I tried to install debian using
> debian-31r0a-i386-netinst.iso image and everything went well during
> installation. But it hangs half way while booting (just after loading
> some usb and bluetooth drivers). I could sucessfully install the same
> on my desktops with different configurations.

What are the last lines on the screen?

>      Did anyone had the same problem with similar configuration ?? Any
> insight on the correct installation parameters or procedures is highly
> appreciated.

Are you using the 2.6 or 2.4 kernel?  Make sure you try to run a 2.6
kernel on newer hardware.  You might also try the "noapic" and
"pci=biosirq" boot parameters.

If you have really recent hardware, you might have better luck
running a newer kernel than 2.6.8, which is already almost a year
old.

Regards,
Dennis