Re: gps device recommendation?

Dan Wozniak wrote:
> Okay, thanks, this looks like the program I need.  Now all I need is a GPS device.  From the description of 'GpsDrive' it looks like I should get a Garmin GPS receiver with a serial output.  I'm on a tight budget so I guess I just need the minimum which will get me by with this GpsDrive program.  Is Garmin the only way to go?

Take a look at http://gpsd.berlios.de/hardware.html

The HI-204e can be had for about $80, the HI-204S for about 100, and the
 Earthmate USB with Windows software for about $100.  Not sure if the
newer models ("LT-20") will work or not.

--
Bad - You get pulled over for doing 90 in a school zone and you're drunk
off your ass again at three in the afternoon.