Re: Debian on Slow laptops. What setup is best?

Hi All

My project is going fairly well. I have got to the point, that when I
boot my laptop, it uses only about 60MB of ram. That is outstanding
compare to what it used to use. I learned a lot, and I appreciate all
the help.

Few more outstanding issues.

I still look for a browser that uses less RAM than Firefox, but can
display Java, and other things like that.

I am looking for a nice FTP client. Not fancy, just capable. I used to
use Kbear, but as it starts with a "K", I want to drop it.

I am looking for a console that isnt that heavy as Konsole or
Gnome-terminal, but has the ability to change the colour and font at
least. I use xterm now, and that is fast and all, but it is a bit on the
simple side. I cannot open new tabs for example, if I need two sessions,
I need to start a second one.

A file manager, that isnt very resource hungry, but can connect to SMB
shares, and has a fairly useful interface.

Thanks again

Ben