Re: GNOME-Question

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 19:57 +0200, Frank Mohr wrote:
> I switched from fvwm to GNOME when I installed Debian.
>
> With fvwm I could select the Desktop of a window by giving that window a
>   position that wasn't on the current desktop
> (eg. Desktop size 800x600 on my subnotebook - window with position 0/630
> is displayed on the desktop under the current, window with position
> 800/0 is placed on the desktop right of the current)
>
> Is there any way to do the same with GNOME (except manualy send the
> windows to a different desktop)?

It's a window manager feature rather than a Gnome feature, I think.  I
do this with sawfish (under Gnome) by configuring "Matched Windows" and
specifying which desktop to start the window on.

Regards,
				Andrew McMillan.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267

The difference between a crazy person and an intelligent one is that
the crazy one doesn't realize what makes sense in the world. The goal
of good engineering is not to ask "what if?", but to ask "how do I
make this work as well as possible".
                           -- Linus Torvalds