Re: Debian and Atheros Wireless card

abhishek soni wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Thank you very much for all your help in installing the kernel source. But I am having a small problem. Initially I had the 2.4.27-1-386 kernel installed. And the kernel source I downloaded was 2.4.27 (Only one available in this series). I followed all of the instructions and then I re-boot my machine. At that point I noticed that there were two new kernels installed: Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.4.27 and another similar one with recovery mode.

However, when I select this kernel, it shows a kernel panic and the message is cannot log into hda6.

I then logged into the existing kernel and found that the essential difference is that the line,
" initrd        /initrd.img-2.4.27-1-386 "
seems to be missing. This is a file in my /boot/ directory and a similar file for my new kernel seems to be missing.

This is just my guess, I may be completely wrong :)

So I am not sure what is going on here and if I did something wrong.
Sincerely,
Abhishek.

<snip>

Make an initrd.img for the new kernel.

--
We do not learn by inference and deduction and the application of mathematics to philosophy, but by direct intercourse and sympathy.