Re: Video Conferencing between Debian and Windows

On Sunday 12 June 2005 20:47, Joerg Beyer wrote:
> Benedek Frank wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a Sony VAIO laptop with a builtin camera, and I can get video
> > shown from Gnomemeeting, but for some reason I am unable to communicate
> > with Netmeeting. I have all ports set up, both on the gnomemeeting and
> > netmeeting side, but still wouldnt work for some reason. I am now looking
> > for any other possibilities to do video conferencing between my Debian
> > laptop, and a Windows PC overseas. Audio is not a must, just Video.
>
> Hi Benedek,
>
> have you read the gnomemeeting FAQ, paragraph 2.2
> http://www.gnomemeeting.org/index.php?rub=3&pos=0&faqpage=x56.html
> ? It tells you to install the MS-GSM codec on the netmeeting(!) machine.
>
> 	yours
> 	Joerg

Hi

Yes I did read it, and I did install all the necessary things. It seems
something is wrong with the firewall, as I cannot even Telnet to the NM box
via port 1720. It is rejecting my attempt, even though the router is set to
DMZ toward the NM and the NM has the firewall disabled. I am puzzled at this
point, if anybody has ideas, please do let me know.

THanks

Bence