Re: Upgrade and update sources.list

Benedek Frank wrote:

Happened to me too. I had to change testing to sarge and not to stable and is working fine.

Cheers

On Saturday 11 June 2005 19:39, debian@uku.co.uk wrote:
I have sarge installed, but I get errors when trying to run apt-get update.
The sources.list file used to work, but not any more.  I used this to
upgrade from woody to sarge.
I have changed "testing" to "stable" and now it is downloading file lists.
But will this take me back to woody [or is woody now what sarge was then].
Grateful for advice!

Do you know if apt-get will uninstall the testing / sid and install unstable / sarge
when changing from testing back to unstable?

/ Jiri