Re: Knoppix and apt-update / upgrade

On Sat June 11 2005 11:43, jiri svoboda wrote:
> Hi
>
> When I use apt-get update / upgrade funny things will happen
> with the Knoppix HD Install.
>
> Is there a way around it; I could go back to Debian Sarge
> or Sid but I'm so glad for the hw recognition.

been there, done that. then i tried kanotix (search for it).
it's a live cd based on sid with an excellent hd install, it's actually
derived(?) from knoppix but installs better. The live cd is fast(er
than ubuntu) but need some tweak to install to multiple partition
(separate / /home /usr). it's the same cd to install (unlike ubuntu's
install and live cd ---because of the different approaches)

never met any problem updating the packages with kanotix, it's pure sid
afterall. ymmv though, mepis  and  ubuntu might suit your need.. just
try 'em all :)

good luck

yh
--
When a float occurs on the same page as the start of a supertabular
you can expect unexpected results.