Re: Debian and Atheros Wireless card

Hi Abhi, I don't know anything about your madwifi drivers, but the process of rolling your kernel in Debian is very simple once you have it setup. These two links look pretty helpful:

http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-kernel.en.html
http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html#TREE-KERNEL-PKG

The basic process is:
1. unpack kernel source in /usr/src
2. ln -s <kernel-source-directory> linux
3. cd linux
4. make menuconfig (then choose kernel options, some of which CAN result in a kernel that won't boot--be careful!)
5. make-kpkg kernel_image   (you will find the result in /usr/src)
6. dpkg -i /usr/src/<name-of-new-kernel-image>
7. reboot

I strongly suggest you do a bit of reading in the above references first, as I am leaving out some details.

Clayton