Re: OSS community interaction (was: Re: *** bluber *** Re: Male xxxxxx enhancement formula^)

Am 2005-05-31 09:16:44, schrieb Derek Broughton:

> It's unnecessary.  Everybody understands the point.  Nobody likes C/R.  But
> Ian's suggestion is only that you subscribe OR do C/R.  Nobody _has_ to do
> the challenge/response more than once (in fact, some C/R systems _do_
> remember every user who has passed the C/R, so it's possible that no user
> would ever need to go through more than one C/R.

But using C/R and force $USER to subscribe, will double my Messges.

Please note, that I am not subscribed to any malinglists
of l.d.o except whitelist@l.d.o and I receive all 68 on
a secret E-Mail for local archiving. This Archive is
readonly and used by more then 20 local $USER.

So forcing $USER to subscribe will increase the load of
my network dramaticly, which mean, curently I get around
2500 legitim Messages and 27.000 SPAMs and if each user
should subscribe, then I have around 21.000 legitim
Messages and around 26.500 SPAMs (SPAMs coming from l.d.o
are realy rare compared with direct SPAM to local $USER)

Or will there an option "nomail" ?

> > I don't consider the confirmation message to subscribe to this mailing
> > list C/R.
>
> To subscribe, you send a request to the list admin interface, it sends you
> back a challenge, you send it a response.  It looks exactly like _every_
> other C/R system.

Not directly right, because the CONFIRMATION request from
the ML-System send it because you have requested it.

But I get tonnst of C/R daily from people I do not know.

This make the difference

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi