Re: OSS community interaction (was: Re: *** bluber *** Re: Male xxxxxx enhancement formula^)

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 11:06:34PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2005-05-31 09:16:44, schrieb Derek Broughton:

> > > I don't consider the confirmation message to subscribe to this mailing
> > > list C/R.
> >
> > To subscribe, you send a request to the list admin interface, it sends you
> > back a challenge, you send it a response.  It looks exactly like _every_
> > other C/R system.
>
> Not directly right, because the CONFIRMATION request from
> the ML-System send it because you have requested it.
>
> But I get tonnst of C/R daily from people I do not know.
>
> This make the difference

That is what I was sort of hinting at. I realise that anyone can
subscribe you to this mailing list so a confirmation message is
necessary. I think I've rec one C/R message, from whom I didn't know,
and it required me to "click" on a link, which is a no no in my book.

--
Chrisb.
=======