Onboard Intel modem

Hi,

I have a onboard intel modem on my notebook
0000:00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M)
AC'97 Modem Controller (re 03)

Looks like it's a soft-modem. I apt-cache search'ed 'intel modem' and found
sl-modem-daemon. Description speaks about snd_intel8x0m module, but when
I modprobing it, sound stops working. No error messages, nothing --
sound just disappearing.
BTW, hotplug wants to insert this module at boot time, so I blacklisted
it 8(

Any ideas -- how can I get both sound and modem working? Thanks in
advance.

--
WBR,
 Alexander A. Vlasov