Problems with starting Irda interface on my Compaq evo n800c

Hello,

i am not able to start the IRda driver on my compaq evo n800c.

Is someone here who can help me step by step ??

my system is an debian sarge 3.1 kernel 2.4.27 on an compaq evo n800c.
Under win 2000 the Ir interface works, but i am not yet able to make it run
under my linux.

Allways when i try to load the module nsc-ircc  i get an error message that
an chip was found at base io=0x02e, driver loaded but can t get iobase of
0x3e8.

What can i try or do ? I am also not sure which IR-chipset i have.

thanx

Ulrich

This mail has been sent using Alpikom webmail system
http://www.alpikom.it