netenv on sid

Hi everyone,

I use DHCP to access the Internet at home, running Sid on my Toshiba.
Yesterday I downloaded netenv. Having little background knowledge on
networking and even less on modifying configuration files on Debian, I
was hoping to use my Debian in the office, which has a cable Lan
connection with a fixed  IP address 141.20.107.100. The network is
Windows based.

So  this is  what I enterned when the Netenv dialog box came up   during bootup:

current IP-address: 141.20.107.100
netmask of the current subnet: 255.255.254.0
IP-address  of the current network: 141.20.106.0
Broadcast-address: 141.20.107.255
Gateway address: 141.20.106.1
IP-address of the current nameserver: 141.20.1.3

Everything, except for the network IP and the broadcast address , is
exactly what I'd enter when I'm on Windows. But I can't seem to get
connected to  the Internet with the above on Debian. Or I was probably
connected already, only the browser kept telling me "servers not
found".

Did I do something wrong? Do I need Samba or something like that?

Thanks!

Han