Re: Problem with linux-kernel 2.6.11.8 for ibm-thinkpad t40?

Hello folks,

I've now got sound also with 2.6.11.8 also. Very happy :)

I'm the one who didn't have /dev/dsp. So I recompiled the kernel with Javier-Elias's config and /dev/dsp appeared. Kudos Javier! Good thing (only now my USB mouse doesn't work, but that's a different story)

Still got 2 issues though:

When I boot my laptop, esd seems to use /dev/dsp - the music player can't play because of this. The sound server reports something like it: "The sound device is busy.." So when I *fuser /dev/dsp* and kill the PID - it plays! But I have to do this everytime I boot. Is there a way to get rid of this problem?

My gnome-alsamixer settings keep changing back to default when I boot/reboot, so I also have to reset these everytime. Anyone?

Thanks till so far for the solutions brought up though :)
Christian C.

Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas wrote:

This was the issue...  Thanks a lot for all the help and to all that helped...

Thx,

Javier.