Re: X on laptop going nuts

I'm sorry but I missed the beginning of this thread,
so I'm not sure to say useful things.

It happened to me that, starting some months ago, the nvidia driver
compeltely freeze
my box: no useful messages, no remote connection, no soft reboot.
Quite deceived, I used the nv driver for months.

But then ... an enlightenment: I READ the documentation and I found that there
is a kernel parameter (NVreg_Mobile) to be set according to the following table:

    0xFFFFFFFF : let the kernel module auto detect the correct value
             1 : Dell laptops
             2 : non-Compal Toshiba laptops
             3 : all other laptops
             4 : Compal Toshiba laptops
             5 : Gateway laptops

(from /usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx/README.gz)

I hope this helps.